Elegant, feminine, and classy are just a few of the adjectives that could be used to describe the fashion sense of late Hollywood icon Audrey Hepburn. Her effortless beauty and selfless humanitarian efforts have inspired generations of women in many aspects, so taking inspiration from her for your wedding is a no brainer! If you are hoping to have a wedding that is as chic and stunning as Audrey Hepburn is, take a look at our tips below!
Take your inspiration for your dress from Hepburn’s actual wedding dresses! Some looks just say “Audrey Hepburn” more than others, such as:
- High-Neck or Boat Neck Necklines. These necklines are super classy and timeless!
- Tea Length Dresses. Tea length dresses were a big trend in Hepburn’s time, and choosing to wear one for your wedding is a surefire way to channel her fashion!
- Pretty in Pink! One of Hepburn’s most recognizable wedding looks was her ballet pink dress that she wore when she wed Andrea Dotti. There aren’t an abundance of ballet pink gowns these days, but blush dresses are definitely on-trend and are a gorgeous way to make your bridal look really stand out!
Audrey Hepburn was often seen with her hair up in a coiffed updo, possibly in part due to her training as a ballerina. You can channel this for your wedding hairstyle, no matter your hair length!
- A Clean and Chic Bun. A ballerina bun is always a classy look, as well as a great way to keep you cool at a summer wedding!
- Pinned Finger Curls. For those with shorter hair, finger curls are a great way to bring have the feel of Audrey Hepburn and her time period, without the long locks!
Understated and flawless are the words I’d use to describe Audrey Hepburn’s makeup, and channeling her look is easily attainable for your special day!
- Blushing Beauty. Flawless skin with rosy pink cheeks is the way to go for Hepburn-esque face makeup!
- Flattering Statement Lip. Up your makeup game by having a statement lip, but keep it elegant with lighter colors like coral, pink, or blue-toned reds.
Audrey Hepburn was all about simple lines and minimalism, so just like her makeup, her accessories were understated and timeless.
- An Elegant Headpiece. Hepburn wasn’t big on glitz and jewels, but an understated and sophisticated headpiece is never a bad idea!
- Perfect Pearls. Pearls are the epitome of classy chic, so pearl earrings and/or a pearl necklace is the perfect accessory for your Audrey Hepburn inspired nuptials!
Choosing a theme for your wedding can be a daunting task, but if you want an Audrey inspired wedding, it’s a piece of cake!
- Minimalistic Everything! Not only is minimalism very much in style at the moment, it is a timeless and classic look. Using understated and natural colors for everything from flowers to tableware gives your wedding the extra bump it needs to reach Audrey Hepburn level stylish!
- An Elegant Cake. Go for a cake that has sophisticated piping but, keep it understated by only having one color on the cake. You can’t go wrong with ivory!
- Black is the New Black. There is no color more effortlessly graceful than black, so adorn your bridesmaids in black gowns to complete your perfect Audrey Hepburn theme!
Taking fashion inspiration from the iconic Audrey Hepburn will never set you on the wrong path. Her timeless and effortless style will inspire you to have the most gorgeous wedding of the year!
What fashion icon inspires you?
Dana Fernandez Photography
Jennifer Stuart Photography
Glamorous Bijou (Etsy)
Kristin Sweeting Photography
Mary Rosenbaum Photography